Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Garden Surprise



I went out to water my garden this morning and was so surprised to see that my okra plant had a flower!
I would never have guessed that okra would have such a beautiful blossom!


Another surprise came from a plant I took a clipping of from my sister's back yard two months ago.  Her neighbor has a gorgeous plant in their yard and it is growing through the fence to my sister's yard. The flowers were so beautiful I just had to clip off the branch poking through the fence.  I  put the clipping in water for a few days and then planted it in my garden to see if it would take root and it did!  It flowered this morning as well!  I did a little research and found out that the flower is an Allamanda Cathartica or Golden Trumpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment