Saturday, April 10, 2010

DIY Done! :)

I took a whole week off from working on my Etsy stuff and re did my office space!  I was going a little crazy watching all of those home makeover programs and I just had to change something!  Since we are renting this house, I didn't want to paint the actual room so I re-painted my furniture. 

I was so excited to take pictures of the diaper bag I made for my friend, that I accidentally erased my "before" pictures.  I managed to find pictures of my cat, Sushi, that show what my desk area used to look like and there are two surviving in progress pictures.
















































I warn you...I love bright colors and it is really hard for me to simplify my stuff! :)





































I built a little shelf (with the help of my step dad since I am afraid of miter saws) to go over my printer and I painted it with a stencil I made. 






















I raised the shelf inside my desk so I could hide my obscenely large computer.  I also made a curtain and panels around it so I could hide the unsightly cords and so I could keep all of the litter dust away from the computer.  Unfortunately, this is the only space i can fit the litter box. :(






















I got a cute little shelf at Micheal's for $15.00 to put near my bed and I painted it too.


I love this mouse!

So, there it is!  I love working in my bright new space!  I still would like to re-upholster my desk chair and find new art for my walls...but that will have to wait.  Time to get back to work! :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! puts my office to shame:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ME ENCANTA TU IMAGINACION,EL ORDEN,Y EL COLORIDO QUE USAS DA MUCHA SUAVIDAD AL REDEDO; TUS CARTERITAS ESTAN MUY LINDAS Y MUY BIEN DISEÑADAS....TE FELICITO Y TE DESEO MUCHOS EXITOS.....LILIANA HOYOS

    ReplyDelete